This salad is very simple to make, but you would never know that with all of the nutrients and delicious flavors packed into it. The best thing about this salad is that the leftovers make great basis for an excellent omelet the next morning. Although, there are thousand of variety of mushrooms, this salad tastes best with cultivated white mushroom. Enjoy.
Never store mushrooms in a plastic bag as they will sweat and turn mushy. Keep them in a paper bag and store for no more than two days in the vegetable compartment of your refrigerator. On should never wash mushrooms with water, but instead, clean them with a soft brush or wipe them clean with a paper towel.Chop the mushrooms and the scallions and place in salad bowl.Whisk lemon juice, lemon zest and olive oil. Drizzle the salad with the dressing just before serving.
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 8 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- salt to taste
- Place the mushrooms and the scallion in chilled salad bowl.
- Zest the lemons over the mushroom and scallion mixture.
- Squeeze the lemon into bowl. Add the olive oil, dry and fresh and mix well.
- Drizzle the basil dressing over the mushroom scallion mixture. Toss well.