I am big fan of cranberries. With their deliciousness and added health benefit, how can you go wrong?. As many of you, I, too, want cranberries to make an appearance at our Thanksgiving feast. However, I want to make them in more a unique way, the “Sanaa way.
So, I thought of this spread. You can serve it as an appetizer for your guests as you frantically try to finish the last bits of what might be the most important meal of the year (no pressure). Don’t worry, though, this spread has the plethora of flavors and texture, keeping your guests entertained and busy. It combine the sweetness of candied orange skins, the sourness of pomegranate molasses and lemon juice, the burning of harrisa and the texture of cranberries, sun-dried tomato and walnuts. It’s the perfect spread: good for the body, brain, soul, and most importantly, the mouth.Start by soaking dry sun-dried tomatoes in hot water for about 1 hour. Drain and squeeze the excess water and then place in a food processor. Coarsely chop.Add the chopped onion and the cranberries. Process into coarse paste.
Add the walnuts, the pureed orange skins and the fresh ginger. Process on and off couple times.
Add the Harissa, the lemon juice, the pomegranate molasses, the olive oil and rest of the seasoning.
Process for amazing cranberry appetizer for your Thanksgiving Feast.
Cranberry and Sun-dried Tomato Spread
Recipe Type: Appetizer
Amazing easy to make cranberry and sun-dried tomato spread
- 1 cup dry sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon pureed candied orange peel. You can use orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon shredded fresh ginger
- 3 pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in hot water for 1 hour.
- Drain and squeeze excess water from the the tomatoes and then place in a food processor.
- Add the onion to the tomatoes and process until coarsely chopped
- Add the cranberries and the walnuts and process using on/off bottom for a couple of times.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process into finely chopped paste. Do not over puree it tastes better with texture.